Does your child love trains? Just looking for something fun to do in the PNW next weekend? Go ride The Pumpkin Express October 26th & 27th. What a fun way to enjoy the day and spend time with family! Purchase tickets here.
My family and I are always looking for something fun(& different) to do on our Sunday Family Days, what better way than take a short drive up to Mt Rainier, take a train ride, your child gets a pumpkin and not to mention fall in the PNW is BEAUTIFUL! Just don’t forget your camera :)
Some helpful tips from Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad;
· We have a concessions car that sells hot cocoa, coffee, water and snacks on the train but it’s cash only. Families can buy a voucher at the depot they can use on board the train.
· It is okay to bring snacks on the train (avoid glass containers)
· There is no café at our destination this season. We may have a new food service option next year but that’s undetermined right now. Families will want to plan their meal times accordingly. There’s a fun pizzeria in Elbe within walking distance of our depot. The pizzeria is in a renovated train car – they only serve “to-go” food this time of year. But they do serve pizza by the pie or slice and you can bring it on the train.
· The passenger cars are heated and covered but you may want to bring a cozy lap blanket in the fall and winter when temperatures get nippy
· There is a strict no refund policy but if anything happens and a family can’t travel on their ticketed day they can call our reservations office and transfer their tickets to a different excursion – there’s a transfer fee of $4 per ticket but it’s better to have a small fee than lose the total amount they spent on their tickets
· Trains have a loud whistle that most kids find fascinating but some littles get scared when they hear the loud whistle – if families have a kiddo that’s super sensitive to loud noises they may want to bring ear plugs or ear muffs
· The train ride is a great chance to unplug. And I mean that literally because there are sections of the visit that have no wi-fi or reliable cell phone coverage. If parents were planning on streaming a video they should make sure the content is completely downloaded before they come out to see us.
My family was given tickets to review for the Pumpkin Express, however all opinions expressed here are my own.