One of our traditions every Christmas is to ride a Santa train, they are so much fun. This will be the very first year we try out the Santa Express in Elbe, WA by Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad but last month we had a blast on the Pumpkin Express so Im sure we’ll have a great time. Who wouldn’t have fun riding a train in the mountains surrounded by snow and nature, and SANTA!?!
Expect 90 minutes to 2 hour for the train ride, depends on the track conditions(elk, snow, tree branches).
You’ll have time to visit with Santa, take pictures and personally deliver your wish list.
– DRESS WARM!
– They have a concessions car that sells hot cocoa, coffee, water and snacks on the train but it’s cash only. Families can buy a voucher at the depot they can use on board the train or cash.
– It is ok to bring snacks on the train (avoid glass container).
– The passenger cars are heated and covered but you may want to bring a cozy lap blanket.
– Trains have a loud whistle that most kids find fascinating but some littles get scared when they hear the loud whistle – if families have a kiddo that’s super sensitive to loud noises they may want to bring ear plugs or ear muffs.
– Don’t forget your camera!
Date: November 30-December 22, 2013
Time: 10AM, 12:45PM, 3:30PM weekends only
Price: $27 for adults, discounts for youth, senior, AAA and military + $2 ticket handling fee
Description: You too will believe! Catch a steam train ride this holiday season when the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad becomes the ‘Santa Express’. Departing from the ‘North Pole’ located at the Elbe Depot, passengers will travel along streams and forests for a two hour ride while visiting with Santa. Sometimes there is even snow on the ground this time of year. These trains will sell out! Please make reservations as soon as possible.
Check out our pictures from the Pumpkin Express here!
Santa Express is a great tradition to do with your family every winter!
My family and I will be receiving tickets to ride the Santa Express, however all opinions expressed here are my own.